By Eric Peeters
Advanced DPA conception and perform offers a radical survey of latest actual leakages of embedded platforms, particularly the facility and the electromagnetic emanations. The ebook offers a radical research approximately leakage beginning of embedded procedure. This ebook examines the systematic method of different facets and complex information about experimental setup for electromagnetic assault. the writer discusses complicated statistical the right way to effectively assault embedded units akin to high-order assault, template assault in significant subspaces, computing device studying tools. The publication contains theoretical framework to outline side-channel according to metrics: mutual details and luck rate.
Read Online or Download Advanced DPA Theory and Practice: Towards the Security Limits of Secure Embedded Circuits PDF
Best network security books
IPSec, moment variation is the main authoritative, entire, available, and updated consultant to IPSec expertise. top gurus hide all points of IPSec structure, implementation, and deployment; overview vital technical advances on account that IPSec was once first standardized; and current new case experiences demonstrating end-to-end IPSec safeguard.
SpringerBriefs current concise summaries of state-of-the-art study and sensible purposes throughout a large spectrum of fields. that includes compact volumes of fifty to a hundred pages (approximately 20,000- 40,000 words), the sequence covers a variety of content material from expert to educational. Briefs let authors to offer their principles and readers to take in them with minimum time funding.
Unified Communications Forensics: Anatomy of universal UC assaults is the 1st booklet to give an explanation for the problems and vulnerabilities and display the assaults, forensic artifacts, and countermeasures required to set up a safe (UC) surroundings. This booklet is written via best UC specialists Nicholas supply and Joseph W.
Community defense is a truly advanced enterprise. The Cisco portraits Firewall plays a few very particular features as a part of the safety procedure. it is important to to be conversant in many networking and community defense innovations ahead of you adopt the CSPFA certification. This ebook is designed for safeguard execs or networking pros who're attracted to starting the safety certification procedure.
- Self- and Co-regulation in Cybercrime, Cybersecurity and National Security
- E-mail Virus Protection Handbook : Protect your E-mail from Viruses, Tojan Horses, and Mobile Code Attacks
- Cisco Designing VPN Security
- Information Security: 18th International Conference, ISC 2015, Trondheim, Norway, September 9-11, 2015, Proceedings
- How to Cheat at Securing a Wireless Network
Extra resources for Advanced DPA Theory and Practice: Towards the Security Limits of Secure Embedded Circuits
We propose a systematic investigation of this potential leakage and show that it may lead to practical improvements of previous attacks. g. data buses precharged with random values). We finally propose a comparison of two correlation attacks against such a countermeasure, with power and electromagnetic measurements respectively. 1 Side-Channel Sources The CMOS technology is certainly the most widely used in current digital design applications. We start our study with a simple gate, namely the inverter which is the nucleus of all CMOS ICs (see Fig.
Boston: Springer. [KJJ99] Kocher, P. , & Jun, B. (1999). Differential power analysis. In M. J. ), CRYPTO, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Vol. 1666, pp. 388–397). Berlin: Springer. , & Wagner, D. (2003). Hidden Markov model cryptoanalysis. In Walter et al. [WcKKP03], (pp. 17–34). [Mes00] Messerges, T. S. (2000). Using second-order power analysis to attack DPA resistant software. In Ç. K. Koç & C. Paar [cKKP00], (pp. 238–251). [ÖGOP04] Örs, S. , Gürkaynak, F. , & Preneel, B. (2004). Power-analysis attack on an ASIC AES implementation.
17) and EM leakages (δ = 2). 4. We performed the correlation phase. The results of the simulated attacks are in Fig. 13, where it is clearly observed that the correct key candidate can be recovered and that the EM measurements are significantly more efficient (see the scale difference). In accordance with the comparisons we made in the previous sections between predictions and measurements, one can say that the reported simulated attacks (Fig. 9 µm technology). The main reason is the weak noise that is present on measurements.