By Marie Boltz PhD RN GNP-BC FGSA FAAN, Elizabeth Capezuti PhD RN FAAN, Terry T. Fulmer PhD RN FAAN, DeAnne Zwicker DrNP APRN BC
Now greater than ever, nurses are referred to as upon to steer efforts to embed evidence-based perform in day-by-day operations. because the IOM record states, 'nurses have key roles to play as workforce participants and leaders for a reformed and better-integrated, patient-centered wellbeing and fitness care system.' the method of enforcing sweeping swap in overall healthiness care will most likely take years; besides the fact that, nurses needs to begin pragmatically and concentrate on those severely vital protocols that experience proven better results for older adults. easily acknowledged, 'Pick this ebook up and use it.'
From the Foreword, Susan L. Carlson, MSN, APRN, ACNS-BC, GNP-BC,
nationwide Gerontological Nursing Association
As a gerontological medical educator/research nurse, i'm going to frequently use this as a reference. The structure and the content material are stable, and the reasons of ways to most sensible use the facts simplify the method of sifting via mountains of data to determine the easiest practice. rating: ninety seven, five stars
One of the most effective reference books for geriatric nurses in health center, long term, and group settings, this 4th version has been completely up-to-date to supply the most up-tp-date, evidence-based protocols for care of universal medical stipulations and concerns in aged sufferers. Designed to enhance the standard, results, and cost-effectiveness of wellbeing and fitness care, those directions are the results of collaboration among prime practitioners and educators in geriatric nursing and ny college collage of Nursing.
Protocols for every scientific situation were built by means of specialists in that specific zone, and such a lot were systematically confirmed through over three hundred engaging hospitals in Nurses bettering deal with wellbeing and fitness method Elders (NICHE). facts is derived from all degrees of care, together with group, basic, and long term care. a scientific procedure in compliance with the AGREE appraisal method was once used to fee the degrees of facts for every protocol. Protocols are geared up in a constant layout for ease of use, and every comprises an summary, evidence-based evaluation and intervention recommendations, and an illustrative case examine with dialogue. also, every one protocol is embedded inside bankruptcy textual content, which gives the context and targeted facts for the protocol. each one bankruptcy comprises assets for additional study.
- Updated to supply a variety of evidence-based geriatric protocols for top practices
- Contains new chapters on function-focused care, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, mistreatment detection, acute care types, and transitional care
- Illustrates program of scientific protocols to real-life perform via case stories and dialogue
- Edited through nationally identified leaders in geriatric nursing schooling and perform, who're recommended via the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing and area of interest
- Encompasses the contributions of fifty eight top practitioners of geriatric care
- Written for nursing scholars, nurse leaders, and practitioners in any respect degrees, together with these in area of expertise roles