By SUBRATA K. CHAKRABARTI
Read Online or Download Handbook of Offshore Engineering vol1 PDF
Similar technique books
During this choice of 24 articles, members describe their study within the improvement of multifunctional fabrics which are robust, light-weight and flexible. besides useful details at the ways that they carried out their paintings, individuals additionally 5 details on functions in composite fabrics, electronics, biosensing and clever fabrics.
A wide foreign convention on Advances in computer studying and structures Engineering used to be held in UC Berkeley, California, united states, October 20-22, 2009, below the auspices of the area Congress on Engineering and laptop technological know-how (WCECS 2009). computing device studying and platforms Engineering comprises forty-six revised and prolonged study articles written via widespread researchers engaging within the convention.
Nanoreactors are nanoscale cars for enzymes and sensors which are used to create actual and chemical reactions. Nanoreactor builders are at the cusp of outstanding advances in clinical diagnostics and remedies, tissue engineering, and telephone biology, and this authoritative source places bioengineers correct on the leading edge.
- Civil Engineering Project Management, Fourth Edition
- Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering: A Comprehensive Guide Third Edition
- Introduction to VLSI Circuits and Systems ( draft)(Solutions)
- On the Springfield Rifle and the Leduc Formula (1920)(en)(1s)
Extra info for Handbook of Offshore Engineering vol1
Here the various types of floating structures and their types are discussed. 1 Floating Platform Types The floating structures may be grouped as Neutrally Buoyant and Positively Buoyant. The neutrally buoyant structures include Spars, Semi-submersible MODUS and FPSs, Ship-shaped FPSOs and Drillships. Examples of positively buoyant structures are TLPs, TLWPs and Buoyant Towers. Floating platform functions may be grouped by their use as mobile drilling-type or production type. 5 as of 2003. There is little standardisation of floater units.
SeaStar is a small TLP with a single surface-piercing column (fig. 20). The column is necked down near the sea surface to reduce surface loads on the structure. ) The submerged hull spreads into three structural members at the bottom in a triangular fashion, which are used to support and separate taut tubular steel tendons. The hull provides sufficient buoyancy to support the deck, facilities and flexible risers. The excess buoyancy provides tendon pretension. SeaStar is generally towed or barged to site in a vertical position.
19) was introduced by ExxonMobil on its Kizomba A field in 2003. This concept has four columns on a closer spacing than normal, ring pontoons and pontoon extensions cantilevered to support the tendons on a wide moment arm [Huang, et al, 20001. Tension Leg Platform technology preserves many of the operational advantages of a fixed platform while reducing the cost of production in water depths up to about 4900 ft or 1500 m. Its production and maintenance operations are similar to those of fixed platforms.