Download I Have Built You an Exalted House: Temple Building in the by Victor (Avigdor) Hurowitz PDF
By Victor (Avigdor) Hurowitz
Read or Download I Have Built You an Exalted House: Temple Building in the Bible in the Light of Mesopotamian and North-West Semitic Writings (JSOT-ASOR Supplement Series 5) PDF
Best light books
Fiber optics handbook: fiber, devices, and systems for optical communications
Fiber optics is the most well liked subject in communications and this booklet from the world's top specialists truly lays out the entire information of optical communications engineering * crucial technical consultant and strategies package for the super-fast, super-broad fiber structures and units powering the fastest-growing communications infrastructure * equipment for producing above height functionality * transparent factors and solutions to tricky demanding situations for WDM, DWDM, amplifiers, solitons, and different key applied sciences
Biologic Effects of Light 1998: Proceedings of a Symposium Basel, Switzerland November 1–3, 1998
It truly is extraordinary how a lot we take with no consideration the super power and energy that the solar offers earth's population. As we input the recent millennium, it really is useful to study how our ancestors perceived the biologic results of sun, and the way technology and medication have complicated our wisdom concerning the biologic results of sunshine.
A Critical Edition of Ibn al-Haytham’s On the Shape of the Eclipse: The First Experimental Study of the Camera Obscura
This ebook offers the 1st serious version of Ibn al-Haytham’s at the form of the Eclipse with English translation and statement, which documents the 1st medical research of the digital camera obscura. at the form of the Eclipse contains pioneering learn at the stipulations of formation of the picture, in a time deemed to be devoted to aniconism.
- The Nature of Light: What is a Photon? (Optical Science and Engineering)
- Mathematical Principles of Optical Fiber Communication
- Fundamentals of Optical Waveguides
- Ultra Low Power Capacitive Sensor Interfaces (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
- Organic Spintronics
- Light Scattering in Liquids and Macromolecular Solutions
Additional info for I Have Built You an Exalted House: Temple Building in the Bible in the Light of Mesopotamian and North-West Semitic Writings (JSOT-ASOR Supplement Series 5)
Ipiq-Ishtar builds Emahtila on command of Ea. 4. Samsuiluna B—see Sollberger 1967. The king restores Ebabbar on command of Shamash. 5. See Falkenstein 1964. The text tells of building the walls of Ur. 6. Clay Nail Inscription—see Gelb 1948. The text tells of building the walls of Sippar. 7. Samsuiluna A (in Borger 1973c: 47) tells of the restoration of the walls of six different cities. : 48) describes the restoration of the walls of Kish. 8. See Hallo 1966. 9. See Sjoberg 1973. 10. See/flSA,205iVB 14d.
3. Prefacing a narrative with a hymn is not limited to accounts of building and similar activities, but seems to be a common feature in Sumerian literature dealing with topics of all sorts. The myth Enki andNinhursag opens with a hymn to Dilmun (trans. N. Kramer, ANET, p. 37,11. 1-30). Enmerkar and EnsuhkeSdanna (Berlin 1979) starts with a twenty-three-line hymn to Uruk, while the body of the story begins in 1. 24 with the formula u4 -ba . u4 en-na-am. Enlil and Ninlil (Behrens 1978) starts off with a hymn to Nippur, while the story itself begins in 1.
All this goes against the interpretation suggested, and leads us to seek a non-literal explanation of vv. 20-21, or to interpret them differently, as T. Jacobsen, who translates 'Ningirsu turned to him (Gudea) about Eninnu's offices which are all great'. 1. 2 After interpreting the dream, Nanshe told Gudea what to do in order to receive additional instructions and learn about the form and nature of the temple he was to build. 3 Gudea then prayed to Ningirsu, after which the deity appeared to him in a second dream (VIII 4-XII 11).