By Gal Shachor
This can be a assessment I did for AustonJUG workforce. because it is a protracted evaluation (more than one thousand words), I in simple terms submit the evaluate here....Working with different server part Java elements, equivalent to JavaBeans, EJBs and JDBC, effectively designed customized tag libraries permit builders to encapsulate and reuse code. customized tags create a tag-based content material authoring surroundings and make allowance net authors to write down hugely dynamic internet purposes in HTML kind with no studying the Java programming language. So, architects, builders and content material authors can all make the most of learning JSP customized tags.
Manning's publication "JSP Tag Libraries" by means of Gal Shachor, Adam Chace and Magnus Rydin (ISBN 1-930110-09-X) is a wonderful JSP customized tag textual content suited to either new and pro builders. This booklet covers JSP standards 1.1 and 1.2.
One of the most strengths of this ebook is that it doesn't only repeat API documentations. The authors placed loads of attempt to teach the readers the massive photograph, the philosophy at the back of JSP customized tags and the way to use them in actual global purposes. This publication talks approximately "why" in addition to "how".
After learning this e-book, the reader may be in a position to understand:
* What JSP customized tags are and why we'd like them; * How customized tags paintings; * the best way to use tags to accomplish universal and complex initiatives; * Steps to enhance and install tag functions; * easy layout styles for tag applications;
The booklet is especially good equipped and good written. it's packed with first-class code examples. these examples positioned the options into context. The readers can examine successfully by way of fiddling with the examples. As further bonuses, the code examples could be simply followed for actual global purposes. In part "Case Studies", the authors talk about whole multi-tier E-commerce and M-commerce purposes. they give not just code examples on utilizing useful thoughts but additionally insights and templates on find out how to layout strong JSP applications.
All the code examples within the ebook are annotated with in-depth explaining textual content. that actually is helping readers to appreciate not just what the code is doing but additionally what the authors meant to do.
However, there are nonetheless issues I want the authors might increase within the subsequent version:
1. The authors had very good discussions on find out how to enforce conditional tags, generation tags and database entry tags. yet they didn't point out related tag libraries below improvement via the Jakarta Taglib venture. i might relatively wish to listen approximately their insights at the designs of Jakarta tag libraries and lots of related libraries built by means of advertisement companies.
2. within the "Case experiences" half, it truly is really effortless so as to add a parallel WAP shop entrance to the JDBC-driven WebStore via one other set of customized tags. that will particularly force domestic the facility of setting apart enterprise common sense from presentation good judgment and spotlight the flexibleness of a JSP customized tag established resolution. I want the authors had performed that.
Overall, i believe this can be a good booklet and wish to hugely suggest it to somebody operating with JavaServer Pages know-how.
Read or Download JSP Tag Libraries PDF
Similar java books
Examine the basics of JavaFX eight from Programming Guru Herb Schildt
Introducing JavaFX eight Programming offers a fast paced, functional advent to JavaFX, Java’s next-generation GUI programming framework. during this easy-to-read consultant, best-selling writer Herb Schildt offers the main subject matters and ideas you’ll have to commence constructing smooth, dynamic JavaFX GUI purposes. The publication starts off with the basics, together with the final kind of a JavaFX application. then you definately strengthen to occasion dealing with, controls, pictures, fonts, layouts, results, transforms, animations (including three-D animations), menus, and extra. various entire examples are incorporated that positioned key issues and strategies into motion. Designed for Java programmers, the book’s concentration is at the JavaFX API and all examples are written totally in Java. better of all, the publication is written within the transparent, crisp, uncompromising variety that has made Herb Schildt the alternative of hundreds of thousands around the globe.
• study the overall kind of a JavaFX application
• paintings with scenes and phases
• comprehend the basics of JavaFX occasion dealing with
• discover numerous controls, equivalent to buttons, checklist perspectives, sliders, timber, tables, scroll panes, and extra
• paintings with photographs, fonts, and layouts
• discover the JavaFX menu approach
• Use visible results and transforms
• include 2-D and three-D animation
• current facts in JavaFX charts
• reveal Web-based content material utilizing WebView and WebEngine
I learn the 1st four chapters of this e-book to get a easy figuring out of Ant. for the reason that my enterprise already makes use of Ant, the abilities that i want is to appreciate an Ant construct dossier and the way to switch it to meet new standards. utilizing this publication as my merely Ant's reference, i may discover a answer for any requirement that i used to be requested to enforce.
Top promoting writer, Paul Sanghera, deals cohesive, concise, but complete insurance of the entire issues incorporated within the solar qualified Programmer for Java five examination (CX 310-055). With a laser sharp concentrate on the examination ambitions, the learn advisor is going past simply being an ''exam cram. '' the fabric is gifted in a logical studying series: a bit builds upon prior sections and a bankruptcy on prior chapters.
No matter what is required, from in-depth learn fabric for a record or educational paper, to the phone variety of an organization at the different facet of the area or what's displaying on the neighborhood cinema, this advisor goals to aid readers find the solution on the net, quicker and extra simply.
- Multimobile Development: Building Applications for the iPhone and Android
- Modern Compiler Implementation in Java
- Java 8 Lambdas
- The Complete Reference
- Java for Programmers, Second Edition
- Java CAPS Basics: Implementing Common EAI Patterns
Extra info for JSP Tag Libraries
To this end, we will discuss its syntax elements, how to use them, and how the JSP runtime executes the generated pages. 3 Scriptlets Scriptlets are probably the most common JSP syntax element.
All we have left to do is to implement the service logic, which we do in doGet(). Note in doGet() how the servlet uses the request object to read request parameters and generate the response using the response object (or, more precisely, the PrintWriter available from the response). The practice of getting parameters and using them in some logic to produce a response represents a common occurrence in servlet development. A good grasp of this example will provide solid footing in the basics of servlet development.
Usually these entities are other servlets and/or JSP files. To obtain a RequestDispatcher, the servlet approaches the ServletContext and uses one of its getRequestDispatcher()/getNamedDispatcher() methods. The servlet can then call one of the include() or forward() methods on the RequestDispatcher and, in this way, execute the referenced entity and include its output in the response flowing to the user. 1 form the backbone of the servlet API. 3, but these interfaces are less crucial for understanding servlets, JSP, and eventually JSP tags.