By Benjamin S. Lambeth
This document files the phenomenal cross-service concord that the U.S. Air strength and U.S. army have gradually constructed of their behavior of built-in strike operations because the first Persian Gulf struggle in 1991. That shut concord contrasts sharply with the location that prevailed all through lots of the chilly battle, whilst the 2 providers maintained separate and distinctive working mindsets and lacked any major interoperability positive aspects.
Read or Download COMBAT PAIR: The Evolution of Air Force-navy Integration in Strike Warfare PDF
Best intelligence & espionage books
Offers a risk-management approach might aid senior Air strength leaders to (1) concentration making plans at the so much salient threats, (2) achieve larger readability at the hazards linked to substitute classes of motion throughout a number of futures, (3) hold a feeling of the chronic uncertainties linked to any coverage selection, and (4) successfully speak their judgments approximately hazard to key audiences.
Netwar―like cyberwar―describes a brand new spectrum of clash that's rising within the wake of the knowledge revolution. What extraordinary netwar is the networked organizational constitution of its practitioners and their quickness in coming jointly in swarming assaults. To confront this new kind of clash, it is important for governments, army, and legislation enforcement to start networking themselves.
Why may a journalist who used to be an ardent socialist and an anti-Nazi throughout the waning years of the Weimar Republic choose to visit paintings for the Gestapo in a foreign country? Hans Wesemann, a veteran of worldwide warfare I and a profitable journalist, fled his local Germany in 1933 after writing a few anti-Nazi articles.
From his cage in a putrid, overcrowded Indian gaol, Paul Jordan displays on a existence lived at the part and curses the miscalculation that robbed him of his freedom. His early life, marred by way of the lack of his father and brother, makes him hell bent on being the simplest of the simplest – an ambition he achieves via being chosen to hitch the elite SAS.
- The blue planet : informal international police networks and national intelligence
- Secret Intelligence in the Twentieth Century (Studies in Intelligence)
- Understanding Intelligence in the Twenty-First Century: Journeys in Shadows (Studies in Intelligence)
- Historical Dictionary of German Intelligence (Historical Dictionaries of Intelligence and CounterIntelligence)
- Eisenhower’s guerrillas: the Jedburghs, the Maquis, and the liberation of France
Additional resources for COMBAT PAIR: The Evolution of Air Force-navy Integration in Strike Warfare
9 It further recognized that for the near-term future, at least, the Navy’s control of the high seas would remain uncontested and that the service’s primary role in the post–Cold War era would be helping to enable joint-force operations in littoral areas. It also meant that, for the ﬁrst time, the Navy would need to be thinking routinely in terms of integrated air operations with other services in the same battlespace. S. carriers on the high seas, focused more on joint warfare and associated connectivity programs, such as enabling Navy aircraft to work harmoniously with the Air Force’s E-3 airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft.
Carrier-based air power from a force conﬁgured mainly for sea control to one able to exploit sea control as a basis for enabling and participating in joint strike operations ashore. As an essential precursor to what eventually became largely standardized Air Force and Navy strike-ﬁghter tactics by the start of the 21st century, naval aviation leaders ﬁrst had to impose a hitherto-elusive regime of standardization within their own strike-warfare community. During the early 1990s, in the immediate aftermath of Desert Storm, 11 Edward J.
40. Post–Gulf War Navy Adjustments to New Demands 23 Fighter Weapons School (more commonly known as TOPGUN) ﬂew its last training sorties at NAS Miramar, California, as the Department of Defense’s base realignment and closure process converted that facility (which, for decades, had been dubbed the Navy’s “Fightertown”) into a Marine Corps air station. At that point, advanced naval air-to-air training moved to Fallon as TOPGUN was integrated into NSAWC. “Strike U” for air-to-ground applications was already well established at Fallon, where it had been put in place more than a decade earlier at the instigation of then-Secretary of the Navy John Lehman in response to the ﬂawed Navy performance in the Lebanon strike of December 1983 and to the ﬂeet readiness deﬁciencies that that performance so starkly highlighted.